The sewage treatment plant treats domestic and industrial sewage and was a retrofitting project. Using enviplan® technology the plant was upgraded from 80.000 to 130.000 PE in Austria. After piloting with a mobile enviplan® microflotation unit, the taks was to upgrade primary treatment. enviplan® substituted the entire primary treatment by AQUATECTOR® microflotation to offer minimum TSS, COD and F.O.G. load to the downstream aerobic biological step.
enviplan® has converted the primary treatement into Microflotation technology.
Microflotation Cells with Microbubble injection absorbs almost the entire portion of suspended solids, total suspended solids and fats, oils and greases. The specific energy requirement is less than 60Wh/m3 of treated wastewater and more than compensated for by the conversion of the flotation sludge into electricity
The compact enviplan® solution offers better effectiveness without additional space requirements plus optimum results in primary treatment with low energy requirements. The microflotation treatment operates non-chemical. The footprint of the microflotation tanks is approx. 160m2.
Project Date: October 2014
Client: Abwasserverband Milstätter See
- Wastewater treated by Microflotation: max. 3600 m³/h
- Footprint of Microflotation 15 times smaller than Primary Treatment
- Energy requirement: ca.60 Wh per m³ Wastewater
- Increased Capacity of WWTP ca. 30%
- Removes TSS, F.O.G., BOD and COD upfront biological treatment
- Microflotation sludge is digested to produce energy
- WWTP is energy autonomous since Microflotation is in operation